Download the Google Camera
APK for Pocophone F1, Xiaomi Mi 8 and Mi Mix 2S. Google Camera APK can be installed on these devices without root, download now!
This year, Xiaomi has launched three phones with the flagship SoC from Qualcomm i.e. the Snapdragon 845. Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S was launched early this year in February followed by the launch of the Mi 8 and then the Poco F1 a month ago. All three smartphones pack in dual camera setups in the back. Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S and the Mi 8 basically share the same camera hardware on the rear whereas the Poco F1 borrows some camera specifications from its siblings.
The Mi Mix 2S packs in a 12 MP primary Sony IMX363 sensor with 1.4-micron pixel size and f/1.8 aperture whereas the secondary is a 12 MP telephoto Samsung S5K3M3 with smaller 1-micron pixels and f/2.4 aperture. Both the sensors support dual pixel phase detection autofocus technology. The primary camera is optically stabilized. The camera specifications of the Mi 8 is identical to that of the Mi Mix 2S. The Poco F1 packs in the same 12 MP primary Sony IMX363 sensor with 1.4-micron pixel size which can be found on its elder siblings but packs in a slightly narrower aperture at f/1.9 and is not optically stabilized. The secondary sensor here is a 5MP sensor with 1.12µm pixel size and f/2.0 aperture to gather depth information for the portrait shots.
In a recent announcement, Xiaomi announced that all of its phones that are powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 SoC have the Camera2API enabled by default. This translates into the fact that anyone can install the Google Camera Mod apk on their device and enjoy the superior image processing capabilities of the Google Camera apk. There is no doubt that if one is able to install the proper Google Camera mod apk on their device, it surely enhances the camera output but choosing the proper Google Camera mod out of many available on the internet is important for you to be able to take better pictures. If the Google Camera apk that you installed on your device is not compatible with the device, it may not work or may take degraded pictures.
If you are someone who is worried about finding the right Google Camera Mod Apk for your Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S, Xiaomi Mi 8 or the Poco F1, I have found out correct working Google Camera apk for your device(s).
Download Google Camera Mod APK
If you are looking for Google Camera APK for any other Android device
, visit the below page to view the complete collection of available APK files for supported Android devices.
Install Google Camera on Xioami Poco F1, Mi 8, and Mi Mix 2S
- Download the Google Camera APK file from the link above.
- Copy/Move the downloaded file to your Xiaomi device.
- Open a file manager of your choice and navigate to the copied file.
- Tap on the file to install it as normal APK. Note: You may need to enable ‘Unknown sources’ if you haven’t done that already.
Yes, as simple as that. No root or any special steps needed. Once you install the app
, you can simply open the app and start using it.
Note: If you are facing the viewfinder lag bug on recent 5.3 Gcam – Go to settings > Advanced > Enable Manual control of HDR+ > Select HDR + enhanced on the view finder
These APKs don’t require any additional configuration, but, on top of the usual options (camera sounds, video resolution, etc) there are a few things you can change (explore the settings menu!
- HDR+ parameters: “Default” is enough for most people. Higher settings may produce better photos, especially in hard conditions, but it takes more time to process.
- HDR+ image quality: Change the jpg compression (a lower value results in smaller files, but the quality is worse).
- HDR+ RAW+JPG: Save RAW files.
- Correction of auto-exposure HDR or Auto-Exposure: Controls shutter speed, not 100% stable. Works better in low light and with HDR enhanced enabled.
- HDR+ enhanced for portrait mode: Slower, but better portrait photos.
- Disable zoom in portrait mode: By default, it zooms in a bit.
- Use Nexus6P model: Photos with better details/sharpness (and noisier).
- Since slow motion doesn’t work on Oreo, you can hide the option from the menu:
Settings > Advanced > Fix Camera API2 > “Disable video slow motion”
Android Oreo users:
if you can’t see your photos from inside Google Camera, go to “Debugging and tools”, uncheck “camera.use_photos” and restart the app.
Options/options names can be changed/removed depending on the version.
If you are facing issues and need help with troubleshooting/fixing the issues, visit the following page:
I hope this article works the way it is intended to be. Let us know about your experience trying out the methods mentioned in this article in the comments section down below. In case I missed mentioning anything or if there is some topic which you want me to cover, please let me know in the comments section down below.